Tuesday 19 March 2013

The start!

So, where to begin?

Well as you already know, I am Mrs Reed and if you hadn't guessed, I am married to Mr Reed! We have two children Master CM Reed and Master CT Reed, both boys and both very much live wires!

I have recently started going to the gym and trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Most recently I started lifting weights. I loved it! I have been logging my calories for a while to try and lose some weight. In July 2012 I was 143lb (10st 3lbs) standing at a measly 5ft2" (just) and I looked really dumpy. I started by cutting down my portion sizes, then lost interest in logging, however, my portion sizes remained small.

In January 2013, just after the New Year, I stepped back on the scales. To my surprise I was 133lbs (9st 5lbs) I had managed to lose 10lbs in 5 months without really really trying. That gave me the kick up the rear I needed.

I went back to logging my calories and with my new found motivation, joined the gym! In about 2 months I dropped another 11lbs making me 122lbs (8st 10lbs) and back into my size 10's. However, all is not good. I have lost the weight through, healthy eating and exercise, mainly Cardio, but I now I am WOBBLY!!!

So, although I might look OK when I am dressed, undressed, well that is a different story. After having two children my stomach has an uncanny resemblance to jelly! If I tense really hard I can feel I am beginning to build muscle, it is just covered with a layer of horrific "wibbly wobbly-ness" and yes, that is the medical term for it, well a Mrs Reed's, medical term!

After much research and talking with various fitness buffs I have been advised to "lift weights" Are you kidding me? Lift weights? Like a man? surely not!!! I am ashamed to admit it, I thought if I lifted  weights I would look like Arnie! But after much more research and seeing some amazing results I have decided to give it a go. Plus I hate doing Cardio workouts so maybe this lifting lark will be for me!

So here starts my journey to get my pre-baby abs back!

As you can see, these are picture taken in January at 133lbs and in March at 122lbs. I started my program of lifts last night, Monday 18th March! (today I ache)

My new program is as follows:

Warm up - Bike 10 minutes

Weights - (Barbell @ 20kg plus 5kg either side, total 30kg)
BB squats 4 sets, 6 reps
Deadlift 4 sets, 6 reps
Stiff leg Deadlift  4 sets, 6 reps

TRX
Chest press 3 sets 10 reps
45° row 3 sets 10 reps
Jackknife 3 sets 10 reps
Mountain climbers 3 sets 10 reps
Jackknife twists 3 set 10 reps

CARDIO & COOL DOWN
Elliptical cross trainer 8 minutes (1 minute level 5, 30 seconds level 10)
Treadmill 10 minutes

My weekly workout schedule will be:

Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Rest day
Wednesday - Gym
Thursday - Rest day
Friday - At home workout
Saturday - At home workout or Gym
Sunday - Rest day

Oh I forgot to mention, I am going on my first abroad holiday for 14 years in just 89 days... and counting! So let's see how I do over the next 12 weeks!

Starting measurements:
Arms 10.5" (27cm)
Bust 35" (89cm)
Waist 28" (71cm)
Hips 36" (92cm)
Thigh 21" (53.5cm)

Next measurement update 4 weeks: Tuesday 16th April

1 comment:

  1. hello! fellow MFP member here (i was the one who responded to your post re: blogging your journey).

    congrats on the weight loss. lifting is my favorite thing do to; i've seen incredible results from strength training so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete