Thursday 28 March 2013

Circuit and Program change!

OMG! I am surprised I am not in complete agony today!

I went to the gym last night for my re-assessment. I got there early and did my warm up and cross trainer. I went downstairs to find "Dan the Man", he is a very hard task master! He was in the middle of doing a circuit with another two ladies, who very kindly let me join in! Oh and one of the other trainers at the gym joined in too! 
Nicknames for them both Dan the Man and the Trainer that Can! AKA Bradley!

  • I started off doing 30 seconds of Sumo squats with the kettlebell.
  • Then on to the step. Stepping up and off as fast as possible.
  • TRX 45° row
  • Bunny hops over a bench
  • Deep lunges with a ball lift
  • Kettlebell lunge rows.
We were all hot and sweaty after that.

Then Dan told us to clear a space... We did fast squats (not coming up completely) for 30 seconds, single leg lunges, 30 seconds each leg, then 45 seconds of jumping squats... We ALL fell on the floor after that!!
This is the place where the crazy loon Dan kills us all! We are just as crazy though, we LOVE IT!

My program has also changed (sort of)

So, I will carry on with with the 10 minute bike warm up, then do the cross trainer for 6 minutes. Then, instead of doing weights first and then on to TRX. I will be alternating them. So will be something like this:

30kg Barbell squats
TRX chest press

30kg dead-lift
TRX 45° row

30kg straight leg dead-lift
TRX crunches

I will then do some ab work and mix it up each time I go.

Monday- New program
Tuesday- At home ab workout with dumbbells
Wednesday- Circuit
Thursday- At home ab workout with dumbbells
Fridays- New program
Saturday- Rest day
Sunday- Rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment