Thursday 4 April 2013

Some shocking comparisons

Yesterday afternoon I had a teeny bit of a WOW! moment. I was uploading some side shot photos and noticed that the one taken in January my belly just looked so soft and floppy with no form or shape whatsoever! Then the one taken in March, my stomach looked smaller, but still, just a wobbly mess. Today I could see the start of something beginning to happen... it made me smile! I am definitely heading in the right direction.

I was so pleased seeing this small change. The first picture 23rd January, middle picture was taken on 7th March, the last picture was taken 29th March... 10 WEEKS! Oh, and 2 days :) 

I do not have many photos of me when I was bigger as I hated having my photo taken, but I have managed to find some that I can compare with new size now.

The first picture was taken in August 2007, as you can see I was not too happy with having my picture taken. The second photo was taken the beginning of March this year, much happier and healthier looking!!



In 2009 I had a breast reduction. When my Mum was 42 she had a breast reduction and during the operation the surgeon found a mass, it turned out to be cancer. My Mum was told she was lucky as the mass was so deep in her breast tissue, she probably would not have until it was too late. The fear of the same thing happening to me was unbearable and since my breasts grew even more after my second son I was so terrified. Luckily was able to get the reduction done! As you can see a MASSIVE difference!!!

This was my wedding day in April 2008 (8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child)

The first picture was taken New Years Eve 2009 (7 months after my reduction). I was that size right up until about late 2012's when I started off cutting my portion size and began my journey to a healthier, fitter, happier me.

Looking back on these pictures, although I was smiling I was not comfortable with who I was. I tried kidding myself by saying "I am happy with my size, I have had two children, I am no longer a skinny teenager!" For ages I tried to convince myself I liked the way I looked. I did not want to be one of those people who moaned about their size, but did  nothing about it. Now I can see, I was not happy, I was in denial! 

I can now honestly say I am becoming HAPPIER with my body, I am becoming more confident in clothing and I am learning to walk tall! I still have some work to do, but if I am honest, it does not feel like work as I really enjoy it. My husband used to tell me to get a hobby, I think I have now found it!


No comments:

Post a Comment